5 ffee2447b152494b43d9816faaea83c8 s

findusonfb
Listen to Gus Supan explain Catholic Conversation on a local radio station 

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Catholic Church Says / Bible Says:

  • Regarding Authority Church #1

    The Catholic Church says that the authority of the church resides in the Magisterium (Pope, Cardinals and Bishops)

    The Bible says that the authority of the church resides in Jesus Christ through His Word under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

    The problem that Catholics have is that define church as an institution as opposed to a body of born again believers.

1.jpg

Catholic Conversations Blog

Print

FACTOR FALLOUT

FACTOR FALLOUT

It is with disappointing amazement that I watched the segment of the O'Reilly Factor tonight dealing with whether there is life after death, to hear Pastor Robert Jeffress of the First Baptist of Dallas let Bill O'Rielly get away with stating twice that he believes "you have to earn your way into heaven."

My disappointment is compounded because I had the opportunity to meet Pastor Jeffress at a Pastor's luncheon in The Greater Cleveland area last Wednesday, during which I asked him if he ever had an opportunity to discuss the Gospel with O'rielly at which he said, "Yes, but he's off the ranch."

To be fair Jeffress did close with a comment that anyone, be he Christian, Catholic, Jew, or Muslim, who acknowledges Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will enter heaven.

My further problem is that I would not expect a leader of one of the largest Evangelical Christian Churches in America avoid the opportunity of making a clear expression of the Gospel to a large audience which clearly is by grace alone and not by works lest any man should boast. As a frequent fan of the O'Reilly Factor I get a good sense that Mr. O'Reilly is not shy of identifying his good works.
A Gospel based on good works earning salvation is great fodder for pride, the prominent capitol sin. We are all prone to do that.

Gus Supan

Supan Says #24. PEOPLE PLEASERS: A person’s degree of character is measured by how much he pleases people. The less character the more one pleases p

...

Supan Says

Some Said

SOME SAID #21. GOSPEL: “No mind could conceive or invent the gospel.” (Valley of Vision 11/11/08)

Did You Know?

Augie Asks

AUGIE ASKS #23 CARA reports that only about 20% Catholics go to confession,  how then do the other 80% get rid of their mortal sins?

He Said

"A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death better than the day of birth" (Ecl 7)

We Say

GOD

-WE SAY #15. GOD: Christian, God can no longer stop loving you than He can stop being God. (A.J. Supan/Sarah Young 6-8-12) ★

Gus Googles

Two out of three Catholics (68%) said their religious faith is very important in their life
the same as was true among non

Email Signup

  •  
    Signup for our Email
  •  
    Email
  •  
  •  

Donate to CC